Colorado is one of the most hail-prone states in the US. Residing right in the middle of what meteorologists refer to as Hail Alley. Coloradans can expect to see 10+ days of severe hail each year.
The mountainous area promotes a weather phenomenon called updrafts, which play a part in the transformation of water into hail. Updrafts are unsurprisingly exactly what they sound like – large amounts of air moving upwards. The slow-moving air holds small flecks of dust or ice, called hail embryos, in the air. When combined with notably cool air, these hail embryos are the instigators for hail to begin forming in the clouds.
Hailstones can take up to an hour to form completely – the largest recorded stone forming for close to 60 minutes and weighing nearly 2 pounds when it plummeted to earth at a speed of more than 100 miles per hour. If you are the victim of hail damage to your roof, call Capital Roofing right away!
If you have zippering on your roof, it is likely caused by the shingles being pulled off the nails. We call this a pull through. Capital Roofing can help fix this damage right away.
Wind Damage, Lightening strikes, Rodent damage, Fire, Water Losses
Over the last 7 years Capital Roofing & Restoration has assisted over 1,000 customers file insurance claims and repair their roofs from wind and hail damage in the Denver Metro area. Every year we assist with unique situations where insurance covers the cost of a full roof replacement including trees falling over, Raccoon infestation (chewed holes through roof and siding), lightening strikes and water line breaks and electrical fires in the attic.
Insurance for Wind Damage
If you have recently filed a claim with your insurance company, received an insurance settlement or would just like to know whether it makes sense to pursue an insurance claim, Capital Roofing & Restoration and our claims specialists are here to help.
Real Estate & Insurance Agent/Certification & Repairs
If you need to file a homeowner’s insurance policy claim to repair roof damage due to high winds or other perils, the process can be confusing. When you work with Capital Roofing & Restoration you should know that we have the expertise to help walk you through this process from start to finish. We can also help you with a roof inspection, which your insurance carrier will require before they approve a claim. Not only can having a trusted Local roofing company on your side make the insurance claim process easier, it can also help make the process a lot less stressful. Our company has years of experience in helping local homeowners with this very type of issue.
Tips for Filing an effective Roof Damage Insurance Claim:
- If the area has recently endured a storm and you can see roof damage from the ground, you’ll want to contact an experienced roofing company right away. Remember- ignoring problems won’t make them go away. It’s also worth mentioning that you may only have a small window of time where you’ll be able to file a hail damage claim. If you miss the deadline, you’ll need to pay for the repairs yourself.
- Although it may be your first instinct to climb up onto your roof to try to assess the damage yourself, this is not advised. Not only do you run the risk of falling and hurting yourself, you’re also likely to miss a lot of things that a trained professional will know to look for. Our company provides free roof inspections for hail damage. When you call our company, we’ll provide you with an honest, up-front assessment along with a recommended course of action. We’ll also provide you with a free written repair estimate.
- Once your claim has been filed, your insurance carrier will likely want to have an insurance adjuster come to your home to do another inspection. When you work with Capital Roofing & Restoration we’ll make sure we’re there for this appointment, so we can discuss our findings with the person that’s sent out by your insurance company. It’s always a lot easier to get everything approved in one single appointment, which is why you’ll want to have a Denver roofer onsite when the appointment happens.
- When the appointment is over, the adjuster will write up an estimate. They’ll also let you know if they’ll send you a check or whether they’ll send the check directly to the Denver roofer you choose to work with.
- From there, you’ll simply need to coordinate with your roofer to schedule the roof. When you work with Capital Roofing & Restoration, we’ll take care of any permitting that the city may need.
The good news is that the roof hail damage insurance claim process isn’t as complicated as it may sound. At Capital Roofing & Restoration, we’ll be sure to answer any questions you have along the way. We’ve guided hundreds of local homeowners through roof damage insurance claims, and it’s our goal to make your claim go as smoothly as possible.